In the beginning, I visited my brother and sister in Kansas.
The beginning of what you may ask? Their life- away from me.
But I'm not bitter.
Really.
I'm happy that they're happy, and that they aren't afraid to touch fish.
Up until this vacation, I didn't think I was either. My second time fishing, I was toodling along, just about to bring my line in to recast and.....
"aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!", the GIRLIEST scream leaked out of my face. I didn't even know I could scream like that, it was like an out-of-body experience.
Best way to describe it- when you're watching one of those ghost shows, and you hear an EVP and it kind of gives you a little *jolt* of a spine chill, except it was from my own mouth.
"What? What happened?", Kristina asks.
My face contorts into a sort of IjustrealizedIsteppedindogpoo look, "I caught a fish."
The corners of my mouth feel like they are permanently droopy. "I don't want to touch it"
In the end, the only way I would take a picture with the first four inch fish I caught, was having it suspended in the air next to me as I leaned toward it.
Ah, good times.
I jacked a real fishbowl used for serving alcohol out of a bar so that Ryan could put a Beta in it, and dang it, there better be a damn fish in it when I come back.
They're right- Lawrence really is a cross between Denver and Boulder- dreadlocks and hobos and everything.
I had never been to Urban Outfitters before I went- great books.
I never realized how much I miss my siblings before I came home- I love you guys.
Oh my goodness! This entry is so funny! Love it!!! We miss and love you too!!
ReplyDeleteP.S. Welcome to the blog world seester!